Thursday, July 15, 2010

switch

It has been a few weeks coming.  The morning I found you watching your mobile with the miracle blanket by your side was a strong indication that miracle blanket days are coming to an end.  I could have held off buying an extra blanket, but I caved.  And here we are, just 2 days after being swaddled in the new mint green miracle blanket (it hasn't even been washed yet!) you have shown me you are done.  The makers of miracle blanket say it's for babies up to 4 months anyway.

Tonight as I wrapped you up, it was clear you were not going to sleep just yet.  So I left you, swaddled, sort of.  Then heard you babbling away.  Eventually, you cried out and it seemed that you had made a full circle of your crib.  You were at the other end, crying cuz you were stuck with no more crib space to maneuver.

I moved all the bibs, toys out of your crib and anticipated that you may move around some more.  I turned you on your belly, sans miracle blanket.  And ah, Auntie Vanessa's sleep sac!  Mama needs to do SOMETHING for you when I put you to bed.

Alas as I write this at 10:59pm, you are crying.  hmm, maybe I didn't spend $30 for a second blanket for nought.  You still need a good swaddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment