Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4 months

You made some significant headway in your fourth month.  The most significant one was waking up one morning to the music of your mobile and your cry, when no one else had been in there before me.  You were out of your swaddle, face up, kicking and crying... probably because you were surprised that you turned on the mobile all by yourself!

When you started to reach out your arms to me, it melted my heart.  I'm utterly amazed at how many developments you have and how you are constantly changing and gaining new skills.

When we went for your check up, the doctor undid your diaper to check your tummy.  You immediately let out a worried cry and turned your head toward me.  Dr. B said with intrigue and apology, "she felt it was invasive."  She was quite taken by you and your reaction.  I don't think she expected this from a 4 month old baby?  I don't remember other babies "making strange" at your stage of development, but quite possibly, you're just hitting all the milestones early.

Our whole family is so taken by you.  Everywhere we go, you flash that sweet smile for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment