Friday, August 26, 2016

Piano break

I had been thinking about this for more than a year and had finally done it. We pulled you from piano. I told you at bedtime. You told me that you didn't like Mrs. G.

Many times you wanted to cry during piano lessons. I told you that I saw that. Which is why I couldn't bear sending you to Mrs L anymore.

When I asked you why you didn't cry during class. You had the most precious response. "Because I didn't want her to feel bad." My goodness, it was not out of shame or fear. You were concerned about her feelings. When I clarified, it was even more precious. You didn't want Mrs L to think that you didn't like her.

After this conversation, I was thankful that I finally made the decision to pause on piano lessons. We will continue. But it will be with a teacher who won't make you want to cry. But a teacher you would feel safe enough to cry with. That's the kind of teacher I want for you and your siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment